United Way of Pickens County
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome to United Way of Pickens County's grant application portal! United Way of Pickens County (UWPC) is currently accepting Letters of Inquiry for Education grants only. Letters of Inquiry are due by October 20, 2022 by 5:00pm.
The Letter of Inquiry should describe a new program whose measurable goal is to improve 3rd grade reading in Pickens County. Letters should describe how the program meets a documented community need and does not materially duplicate services being provided by existing organizations.
Applicants are encouraged to include parental engagement and involvement in their program design and identify ways to serve underrepresented and/or marginalized populations.
UWPC is accepting Letters of Inquiry from 501(c)3 organizations, government agencies, educational institutions, and churches.
Funds can be used for any expenses related to operating the program, including salaries. The minimum grant investment is $10,000 per program per year. The maximum grant investment is $100,000 per program per year. Grants may be renewable for future years pending successful outcomes.
UWPC Education Impact Council volunteers will review all Letters of Inquiry. If approved, you will receive a request to submit a grant application in January 2023. As part of our participatory grant-making process, you will most likely be asked to meet with the Impact Council before grant submission. This process helps to ensure that your program design and outcome measurements meet UWPC's goals and will enable you to submit a more competitive application.
Approved grants will begin in July 2023.
How to Apply
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials to submit an application to United Way of Pickens County. You will be given prompts to sign up for Submittable after you click the "Apply" button.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the application at a later date.
- If you need to make changes to your application after submitting, you may request to edit the submission.
- Our platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- You can download Firefox by following the instructions linked here.
- You can download Chrome by following the instructions linked here.
We will follow up with you about your application by email. Please be sure to whitelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.